LegacyGT.com

2 Squid owned GT's on base?

Tommyh

As I was leaving the base today, Naval Submarine Base New London, and turning onto the exit road, I noticed a very familiar front end coming toward me. It belonged to a Black LGT sedan with a Pats sticker in the rear quarter window. The driver was in uniform and also leaving the base. This is the only other LGT I've seen on the road around here that is obviously not being driven by a Subaru dealer type. I'm wondering of the driver is here on this board?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

• 4 weeks later...
I was given the Captain's lower base pass as a reward for something or other and while it was parked down there someone scraped into it with their car. I just got it fixed last Wednesday, and then somehow got the lower base pass again (my roommate got it but he just rolled his truck, so I have it again). Hopefully noone will hit it this time. I live by Dodd Stadium, in the Norwich Business park, which by the way has excellent curvy roads that have no traffic on them late at night. My personal racetrack.

MAN, why is it that people have NO RESPECT for peoples property around here, and seem to purposely damage nice new cars!? I don't know where you're from originally, but I know that where I'm from something like that wouldn't have happened, because of the respect for others.

I just moved into a new place on the other side of the city from you; over by the Norwich Inn and Mohegan Sun on Rt.32.

By the way, what boat are you on?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Well, in the guy's defense, it was pretty close quarters where we were parked, you know how horrible parking is on the base. And he did leave a note and have his insurance pay for the whole thing. Overall I agree with you though, a lot of people around here have no respect for other peoples cars. It may have something to do with everyones cars looking like crap all the time because of the weather. I'm on the Toledo, by the way, the ever deploying workhorse of devron-12.

I feel you. I put my time in on the San Juan. Currently, I'm working for as a Navy Rep. on the Virginia class program. Offficially my team is a detachment of Group-2, but mostly we're independant and work hand in hand with the program office in D.C.

I'm glad the guy's insurance paid for it. I'm also glad that I currently don't work on base; it's going to suck having to deal with base parking again when I go back to a boat.

EL4NFZT7

Are you working on the Virginia program in general or one of the boats specifically? I only ask because I was thinking of putting in a 1306 to go to the New Hampshire, but I'm not sure when it is manning up and what its ultimate home port is going to be (I want to stay here). PM me if you don't feel it is appropriate to discuss "business" here. I don't believe any of this is classified information, however.

I work with the Program in general, not any one of the boats. That said, next week I go on third shift (2130-0730) to facilitate the training of the HI's (PCU776) crew on the basics of watch standing and tactical ship control of thier VA class boat. In May though half of my team will going to Newport News Shipyard for the dockside light-off and testing of the Texas.

EL4NFZT7

Archived