LegacyGT.com

Is my car going to light on fire?!?!

I disconnected the battery and towed it to the shop yesterday....

I would die a bit watching her burn away, so thank you all for the advice... You probably saved my car and who knows my life and the lives of anyone who would have been in the way of a speeding inferno.

I'll hopefully hear back from them today. To all those who's cars did go up... I hope you're all ok and insurance covered you.

I'll post back what the issue was.

I disconnected the battery and towed it to the shop yesterday....

I would die a bit watching her burn away, so thank you all for the advice... You probably saved my car and who knows my life and the lives of anyone who would have been in the way of a speeding inferno.

I'll hopefully hear back from them today. To all those who's cars did go up... I hope you're all ok and insurance covered you.

I'll post back what the issue was.

Good luck with everything. Hopefully is was just something stupid that happened and nothing too serious. Let us know what they shop says.

Mini-Update : 5 days now and I still don't have my car back. They are redoing all electrical wiring and replacing of electrical harness'. (I love you mr.Warranty)

To be sure everything is ok , when I do get it back, is there anything I need to ask or check myself?

They lent me a Outback 09.....I miss the 2.5t :-(

Update: 12 days later I get my car back.

The whole electrical harness needed to be replaced and they did confirm a small electrical fire. He also said he had never seen this before. Thank you mr.warranty.

BUT strangely my right front light is out. I have HIDs in so i thought it might be a dead bulb. I had a spare so i chucked it in. Turn the lights on and it flickers for a sec and goes out. Then I thought the ballast was f'ed, so I put the original bulb in. It came on, but orange and very dim. I tried one last original and got the same result.

So a little voltage gets there (I don't have a voltage meter at home) but not enough to power the bulb. WTF? I'm about to paint this car yellow :-) Ideas?

and thank you all for the support... it could have easily gone another way.

I would switch that ballast to the other side and see if it works. If it does, then there's something wrong with the wiring on that side and I would take it back to the shop. If not then the electrical fire might have messed the ballast up.

Archived