LegacyGT.com

Found a clean one, but has some new parts...

hockydog11

I found an 05 wagon for sale, but carfax has a listed a service in which a new turbo, and a shortblock were replaced on the car. Car has 52k on it, but work was done at 42k, at a subaru dealer in PA. Should I rule this one out, or should I move it up on the list considering new parts?:confused:

Most probable story is the turbo failed and pieces were sucked into the engine, destroying it. You can find threads about turbo failures with a quick search.

If this is the explanation, then new turbo plus a new short block means the car has a new engine. There is no reason to think it will be prone to fail again.

I found an 05 wagon for sale, but carfax has a listed a service in which a new turbo, and a shortblock were replaced on the car. Car has 52k on it, but work was done at 42k, at a subaru dealer in PA. Should I rule this one out, or should I move it up on the list considering new parts?:confused:

I have an 05 wagon that has a new shortblock and turbo as well. The problems I had w/ the old engine/turbo combo do not exist anymore(burning oil). I had them replaced at a dealership too. I found a couple of fittings that were cross threaded and a hose that wasn't connected, but other than that, it's a new engine and turbo :). Check it out or get someone to check it out for you. An 05' wagon w/ 10k miles on the motor/turbo sounds good to me!:wub:

________

BALD PUSSY LIVE

Archived