LegacyGT.com

Trip to WV.. need lil info

MaStaMooN

Hey All,

My wife, son and I are taking a trip to Davis, WV for a small weekend vacation. I was wondering if anybody can tell me what octane gas they have either in that area of WV or WV in general. Im currently TDC e-tuned for 93 which is fine if they have 92/93 octane available, but if they only have 91 or less, I think I want to reflash down to a 91 octane map to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance for any info.

-Jon

I found a pdf that mentions that the states minimum premium octane is 91. Cant find anything definitive yet though. Im gonna bring my access port with me and see what they got when I get there.

http://www.state.wv.us/admin/purchase/SWC/FUEL05A.pdf

Or maybe refill in MD or PA right before I cross into WV.

I'll have to disagree with phenryiv1. I've lived in the northern and southern most parts of the state. Many of the stations do not have 93 octane. I would have to guess that half or less of them have 93.

Perhaps the extreme Southern part of WV lacks 93 at every station, but both panhandles, the Charleston/Huntington area, Beckley, Parkersburg, the Morgantown/Fairmont/Elkins area, and the I-68/64 corridors all have 93.

If you hear banjos, they may not have 93...or shoes.

I grew up in the "extreme Southern part", lived in Beckley for a couple of years, then Morgantown for over six years, now I'm in Charleston. You will be able to find 93 in WV, however, many of the stations, even in those areas, have only 91.

From the few stations I drove by most had 92 max. I ended up just topping off before leaving the PA turnpike and didn't run into any issues. Had plenty of gas to run around in town, hit Canaan Mountain to do some crappy snow tubing with my wife n son and check out the pond jump. Best of all it was 70 degrees on the mountain. Cooler here today back in NJ. Strange but nice!

It is West Virginia, not Somalia.

We have both shoes AND 93 octane fuel in WV. I have never been to a station that did not have 93.

Damn, stereotype much?

BWAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: I head out there to go skiing and I thought I saw 93

Archived