LegacyGT.com

Catless and Smog Testing - Dallas?

LowFast

Anyone in Dallas running catless? Any issues getting inspected? I would like to go stage two but money is tight and finding a used catless downpipe would be more feasable than spedning the coin for a catted DP. I would like to hear others recomendations and experiences with catted or not.

There are "sniffer" test in the mid-cities area, but I don't think they do anything. I have driven cars and my friends as well that had all or one cat deleted and never had any problems...worst case scenorio, don't go on the entrance ramp where the sniffer is. Also, I'm about to put a catless dp in and am not afraid. Texas from my understanding is fairly lax...in fact when it comes to inspections, they only hook up to the OBDII, so I wouldn't worry...

Thanks for the replies, good to know that it is not a problem. Grimlin, any leads on a used catless for sale, I have not gotten around to installing the STI UP I picked up from Keith yet and figured I could do both at the same time. Not in any hurry to pick up the DP unless a great deal comes along.

Thanks for the replies, good to know that it is not a problem. Grimlin, any leads on a used catless for sale, I have not gotten around to installing the STI UP I picked up from Keith yet and figured I could do both at the same time. Not in any hurry to pick up the DP unless a great deal comes along.

Hey did you look in the member classified for a used catless? There are usually people selling them on here all the time. You might check that first.

If you really really wanted catted I bet the three of us could work something out.

I ran catless in my 05 leggy with no issues with sniffers, codes, or inspection

I have a catless coming in soon and am wondering about this "smell" people talk about. What does the smell actually smell like? Is it like the smell when you first install a new exhaust? Does it go away after a while? Does it smell in the cabin at all? Just curious.

Sorry to go slightly off topic....I mean after all we were talking about sniffers....:lol:

I have a catless coming in soon and am wondering about this "smell" people talk about. What does the smell actually smell like? Is it like the smell when you first install a new exhaust? Does it go away after a while? Does it smell in the cabin at all? Just curious.

Sorry to go slightly off topic....I mean after all we were talking about sniffers....:lol:

I think it just gives people something to talk about... I have a catted 3" and still have "the smell"

you know when you are behind a car getting on the freeway and they floor it...and you can smell an odd smell....

it's like that but with a little less of the hint of "rotten egg"

usually most noticeble when parked/sitting at stoplights.

So the "smell", do you actually smell it inside the car when parked with the windows up or only with the windows down or outside of the car? I assume the "smell" is that of unburnt fuel and not as big of a deal as others make it out to be.

I have checked the clasifieds, but if someone local is selling it saves them the hassel of dealing over the internet and it saves me the shipping costs, figure it is a win-win to help a local Leggacy brother (or sister) out.

So the "smell", do you actually smell it inside the car when parked with the windows up or only with the windows down or outside of the car? I assume the "smell" is that of unburnt fuel and not as big of a deal as others make it out to be.

with windows down...parked

I've never smelled it with the windows up

• 2 weeks later...

Archived