LegacyGT.com

tire pressure

cptplt

I'm being cheap and want to put a set of Nokian CS tires 215/65-16 on my 08 OB.(I already run 215/65-16 X ices on the OB for winter) The Nokians are presently on my Winne Rialta rv.

They are truck load rated (109, D load). what I want to know is what pressure should I have on these tires when they are on the OB. on the Rialta they are supposed to be at 60psi (tires max 74psi). is there a minimum pressure I need to run them at before worrying about them not being seated on the rims and falling off? does high 40s sound like a good idea to run them on the OB?

Do you have a link to these tires? Min. pressure for a load range D tire is 40 psi. Since the tires are designed to be carrying a lot of weight, you shouldn't need to fill them over 40.

But your car is the wrong application for these tires.

thanks for the info, I run my tires on the OB at high 30s already so if I'm 40 or a little over I doubt I will notice too much

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11889&group=3.01&name=Nokian+Hakkapeliitta+CS

I have had a lot of trouble getting replacement tires for my Rialta when on the road (one year Nokian had to fedex me the only one left in N America when I was stuck 1000 miles from home when I lost 2 tires) , there are really only two tires of the correct size and load rating "easily" available in N America for the Rialta - and since there is a lot of tread left on these Nokians I want to put a non directional tire on the rialta for the future so rotations and even using the spare is easier and shift them to my OB as the size is ok.

Archived