LegacyGT.com

I think I have a wheel bearing going already...

al-gorithm

When driving, I hear a constant hum that changes pitch with the speed of the car, similar to having winter or light truck tires coming from the front right side of the car. I know it is speed dependant as it is still present even when I press the clutch in.

I am going into the dealer for my first oil change at 7000 kms (yeah I know that is pushing it) and I will book an appointment to get that looked at.

Anything else that it could be? My tires look fine. The sound is starting to get louder. I have had it for about a week and I have never hit anything curbs or potholes.

The same thing happens to me but I notice it is on rough roads. On smooth roads the sound is almost non- existent. See if it is the roads you are driving on. See if it makes the sound on a smooth road cause if its the bearing it will make that sound on any kind of road.

Listen as you take a turn too. It's been my experience that the hum is more pronounced in a turn if it's a bearing. In fact doing this sometimes makes it possible to figure out which side of the car is messed up.

In the meantime I suggest checking your differential fluid and tranny.

Brian

Archived