LegacyGT.com

Different audio output when the radio is at the same volume setting?

psi365

I'm not usre if it's me or my 08 LGT. Basically I'll go out to my car first thing in the morning having set the radio at a volume setting of 7. With the the heater going I may crank if up to 8. Keeping the radio at the level on FM or even with my Ipod it seems kinda weak and I need to raise the volume up to 10 sometimes. When I get to work, I turn it down some (8-9). When I leave work (about a 13 mile drive) I seem to get more of an output from the radio so I turn it down back to 6-7. This happens on FM or with my Ipod(I can understand with the Ipod due to the volume of the song when it was recorded). Anyone ever have this happen to them or anyone know of an open TSB? I'd be guessing a possible amp issue?

For the record the car is a stock system in a 08 LGT spec B.

I actually find that when I first start my car with my ipod plugged in it always seems loud at say 10 or so. After 5 to 10 mins or so, I start increasing the volume much higher with the ipod volume steady. I thought this was just my ears adapting to the noise in the morning, but now that you mention an issue it never seemed to happen on my other cars.

Archived