LegacyGT.com

Alarm/Remote Start + Sunroof Modules

chrisinky

I had a few units made for my car and was wondering if there would be any interest if I parted up the last few boards for sale...

There are two separate boards:

Board 1: Key bypass + clutch bypass + trunk integration (you still need ADS-SUB-RNG module)

Board 2: Sunroof controller (- pulse for open, - pulse for close)

Any interest in these at all or should I scrap the excess PCB? Cost would be minimal, and if there was a decent amount of interest I could even source enclosures.

I'd say $35 + shipping roughly for either...

It interfaces between your sunroof switch and brain wiring. It uses the factory brain (to keep you from frying the motor).

A single - pulse to "open" would fully open the sunroof

A single - pulse to "close" would close it 1/2 way, a 2nd pulse would close it all the way

My remote start had only 3 outputs....

So as-is (I can easily disable/enable the feature) you can fake a 4th output...

I set my 3rd output as latched for 30 seconds.....

So...

Hit aux 1 windows down

Hit aux 2 sunroof open

hit aux 3, then within 30 secs hit aux 1 windows close

hit aux 3, then within 30 secs hit aux2 sunroof closes 1/2 way, hit it again closes fully

If your alarm has enough outputs, or you aren't controlling windows/other stuff that uses all your other outputs up then your good to go.

You will need an aftermarket alarm or remote start to interface though.

Chris

Yes it will plug into my board.

My board would only enable the key chip bypass when the remote start is running/active, it will also only bypass the clutch switch when the remote start is attempting to start the car.

Any other time - the factory chip in the key feature will work, and the clutch switch would be required when manually starting the car.

Also note - for those wanting to use fancy or even cheap-ass chip-less keys, you could very easily use the ADS-SUB-RNG to bypass the factory keychip security.

Chris

Archived