LegacyGT.com

Power seat question

zooted

I am wondering if my driver's side power seat in my GT limited is not operating correctly. I though that the front and rear of the seat bottom pitch was adjustable up and down. Now only the fron of the seat is adjusting. Am I mistaken or is my seat broken for not adjusting the rear part of the seat bottom's pitch?

z

I am wondering if my driver's side power seat in my GT limited is not operating correctly. I though that the front and rear of the seat bottom pitch was adjustable up and down. Now only the fron of the seat is adjusting. Am I mistaken or is my seat broken for not adjusting the rear part of the seat bottom's pitch?

z

I don't think yours is broken as mine operates the exact same way, always has. Unless of course mine has been broken from day one, but I don't think so. I've sat in the regular GT and it's seat adjustment adjusts the pitch also by lifting/lowering the front of the seat, albeit manually.

Brian

I don't think yours is broken as mine operates the exact same way, always has. Unless of course mine has been broken from day one, but I don't think so. I've sat in the regular GT and it's seat adjustment adjusts the pitch also by lifting/lowering the front of the seat, albeit manually.

Brian

In non-limited GT's it raises the rear of the seat and pivots on the front.

typically 8 way seats are:

1.) seat forward

2.) seat back

3.) slide forward

4.) slide back

5.) tilt front up

6.) tilt front down

7.) tilt back up

8.) tilt back down

I know. The vertically oriented button leans the seat back fore and aft, the horizontally oriented button slides the seat back and forth, and raises and lowers the seat bottom front, and thats it. The back of this button seems to move up and down but the rear of the seat doesn't move. I feel like I am repeating myself over and over but appreciate the input and help. My local Suby service dept was called over an hour ago and they didn't have an answer and said they would have to call me back shortly.

z (who wants 8 way seating)

Zooted,

I checked mine tonight after I left work. I watched it move from outside the car while playing with the knobs and I can definitely say my seat bottom will lift up/down in the rear as well as the front :redface:. I was basing my previous answer on how it felt it while I was sitting in it.

Sounds like it's time for a trip to the dealer.

Good luck,

Brian

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know if the power seats have any flexibility beyond that provided by the power adjustment mechanism? I'm wondering if the seat can be taken off and remounted so that the entire range of motion is further front/back or higher/lower.

Does anyone know if the power seats have any flexibility beyond that provided by the power adjustment mechanism? I'm wondering if the seat can be taken off and remounted so that the entire range of motion is further front/back or higher/lower.

I think the only way you would get more motion in any of those directions would be to physically mount the seat rails in different locations depending on what you are looking for.

The motion of the power seat already allows you to adjust it to the max possible based on where the seat and rails are positioned. I would suspect that you would have to remount perticularly the rails based on what you were looking for.

You are talking about all new mounting locations, which i think would certainly cause a lot of problems.

What is wrong with how they are now? Is there not enough adjustment?

I find the power operated seats to work fine, but it annoys me that there are no option of getting memory operated seats. Does anybodu know if it is possible to install a memory functionality to the seats?

So what exactly is an 8 way power seat? 1)seatback forward, 2) seatback back, 3)seat slide forward, 4)seat slide back, 5)seat bottom tilt up, 6)seat bottom tilt down, 7)???, 8)????

z

1 & 2 = seatback tilt angle forward & back

3 & 4 = seat position fore & aft

5 & 6 = seat bottom tilt angle up & down (pivots at rear)

7 & 8 = entire seat height raise & lower (doesn't move straight up & down, rather moves diagonally forward as it raises, and backward as it lowers)

Archived