LegacyGT.com

RECALL: Gas Cap

I agree with the previous anti-whiner people in this thread. :-) I have other complaints about the car (milage, poor interior lighting in the limited wagon, climate control -- though overall I love the car), but the gas cap hanging down while I pump really doesn't bother me.

-Matt

I have been watching this thread with interest. Thanks to the photo, I now know that mine came from the factory with the clip. I can't remember my build date. I'm glad that I don't have to bother the dealer about this thing since I want to spend my energy talking about the clutch.

I have been watching this thread with interest. Thanks to the photo, I now know that mine came from the factory with the clip. I can't remember my build date. I'm glad that I don't have to bother the dealer about this thing since I want to spend my energy talking about the clutch.

i think i have seen the exact same post before! am i having a "déjà vu"?? :confused:

This Space For Rent

• 5 years later...
Bringing this back from the dead. I went to get gas today and i go to open my fuel door and it doesn't open. I hear it trying to open but it just wont. So I know the cable isn't broken. I'm thinking it could be this retaining clip but my car is a 2007. I never noticed it before from looking at the recall pictures. Any ideas?

To put it a little more politely, you have to put up with some shortcomings on Subarus because they still give you a lot of car for the money. If you really want to whine, buy a Porsche like I (stupidly) did for some hefty cash and you'll start to pick every little thing apart, especially the things that are BETTER on the Subaru like the quality of the steering wheel, the seat leather, durability of the engine, a real spare tire in the trunk, etc., etc.:mad:

All vehicles have their problems - just take a pick and you have it.

If you want problem free - don't even think of anything that may be cool... Even modern farm tractors has a lot of strange problems. Problem free is maybe a MF35 driven at 10mph to the local supermarket once per week. Only problem you will have is to select the right clothing for the day.

453747.png

Will a dealership still replace this part under a recall request? Im the second owner , and th original owners fashioned a kind of leatherish strap to hold the gas cap...

it doesnt matter if your the 100th owner the dealer still needs to fix any recall

Who is the girl in your avatar and where can I get a bigger picture?

:redface:

i have no idea who she is i saw this pic from anther site forum and jacked his avatar. you can find her on google.com sti girl?

Who is the girl in your avatar and where can I get a bigger picture?

:redface:

Dont know if you're running Mozilla or not, but a very helpful tool for firefox is called "tineye". It's an addon, and you basically search a picture, and it comes back with a ton of results where it's been used before.

For instance

http://www.tineye.com/search/ff7e3f6dca9b83cb28b67e18dd046804a40bb34a/?page=1&sort=score&order=desc

is the result for that girl's pic. SOMETIMES, you can find the source, and info there. In her case, that logo in between her tatas has been changed a bunch of times, so I don't know where the original is.

Cheers, hope it helps!

I got my gas door open earlier after an hour of messing with it. The tether got stuck even with the retaining clip in. So just a word of the wise, even though you have the clip make sure it doesn't get caught in anything when you close your gas door.

Archived