LegacyGT.com

stage 2 here i come.....

mrjk77

so after about 2 months @ stage 1, i'm moving up in this world, and going stage 2. :) just ordered the invidia catless up/catted dp from the group buy and should be shipped the end of this month.

i wasn't overly impressed with the gains from stock to stage 1 (at least not compared to adding the cobb sways). and from what i've read and understand, stage 2 is an entirely new beast. :cool:

not sure why i'm posting this in the NE forums, but i guess my general question would be, what is an good install quote for the up/dp + gaskets? i got a quote for $200, which i thought was reasonable. anyone have any luck with local guys for cheaper?

and, there are many reasons why i'm not going to do it myself:

1. don't have a garage or tools - live in an apt.

2. heard the up install can be a PITA, so better left to a professional

3. if something goes wrong, i can just blame the mechanic?

an upgraded TMIC is probably not too far off in the near future. i'll do the jb weld on the endtanks just in case. :) and for now, i'll just be flashing cobb stg 2 93 octane v1.18. i was also planning on doing the brakes at some point too. *sigh*

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to install mine myself. Gonna get some ramps and do it in the driveway. Its pretty straight forward. I decided to go with the Cobb tho to keep the stock exhaust as the borla drones on the highway according to some members who have it. I may go with the SPT down the road. Now I just need to get the AVO TMIC :D If I was in your situation, I would say that $200 is pretty good!

oh nice. yeah i was gonna get the cobb dp too because it mates perfectly with the spt, but i've learned that the invidia comes with some 2.5" gasket or something that can mate. but i think i'm just going to stay stock in terms of CBE. i think i'd rather spend the money on something else.

:iam:

avo? no perrin?

mrjk77, How did you go State 1? If you went with an AP, yeah, the gains aren't that big.

When you get your exhaust. Take it to Matt @ Dent Sport Garage. You will not be disappointed. A Protune is FAR better than an access port map

yeah stage 1 was just the cobb map. gains were noticeable, but maybe not? butt dyno you know. or maybe it was just all in my head.

i'll give matt a call thanks. yeah i heard dsg does some good stuff. for now, with the budget as such, i'll have to be content with the cobb maps.

:)

<~~ TA Tune in ESP Sterling, MA. Mike's a great guy, easy to work with, and VERY helpful with map adjustments. Also pretty reasonable on labor as I had Mike do my 30k service also with all synthetic fluids and a diff and tranny flush for less than Subaru's normal 30k w/o the latter. His stage 1 tune on my car definitely pulls harder than stock, but I didn't try the Cobb OTS map to compare. Very excited to go stage 2 shortly.

:)

i use to cow-tip as a kid. friends lived next to a farm. horses, pigs, cows, chickens, and ducks. :lol:

well maybe give me a ride in your '08 sometime when you're stage 2. since you also have a 5eat i'd like to see if there's any difference.

you getting a tmic bigal.

and since i don't know mike or matt, i really don't know. for now i'll just flash the cobb map.

yea i know. i'm just saying, once the pipes are installed, i'll immediately flash the cobb map. and then in the next week or when ever my schedule will alow, i'll have matt do a tune. i expect a very little window between the two, altho i think i have to do *something* immediately after installing the pipes. unless i'm mistaken, the ECU won't know to do with itself with the high flow/decrease in resistance exhaust. which, will bring me back to when i first flashed to stage 1 = stall. :(

Archived