LegacyGT.com

Front O2 Sensor Problems: Weird?

jtmvt

So on Saturday, my tuner tweaked my tune due to some issues I've been having, namely some noticeable hesitation pulsing at partial constant throttle. He determined that my front O2 sensor was reading some funky high readings. The dyno sensor and my wideband AFRs matched up pretty closely, but my car's front O2 sensor AFR readings were reading way too lean for the actual conditions. For instance, when the dyno and my wideband read AFRs of around 12, the O2 sensor would read like 17. Also around peak boost, he said it jumped from 11 to something like 20 when the boost was pretty constant.

I've got a new OEM front O2 sensor on order from Subaru Genuine Parts, but I guess my question is...what is it with these front O2 sensors??? I already had this replaced around 4 months ago, in which I got a CEL code indicating the problem. This time around, my car hasn't thrown a CEL code, but my tuner said that likely happens when the sensor stops working altogether and just reads 14.7 constantly. In this case, its just reading incorrect numbers and causing hesitation while driving under partial throttle.

Anybody else experience something similar or know why these front O2 sensors seem to be crapping out so quickly?

• 10 months later...

Archived