LegacyGT.com

headunit help

xkclarkx

i appreciate your help. i read that thread and i messaged the original poster of the thread asking how he got the blue cable out. thank you

No problem. Good luck. I've never removed a manual climate control unit, or else I'd try to help you out more. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

DONT remove that cable cause youll have one hell of a time gettin it back on. What I did on mine was remove the the whole control unit from the factory stereo, you have to do this anyways to attatch it to the new dash kit.

I believe there are 2 screws on each side and then you might have to push a tab in and pull out, I dont remember exactly. But anyways youll get the climate unit free from the radio but itll still be attached to the cable. Then just screw it place on the new dash kit.

DONT remove that cable cause youll have one hell of a time gettin it back on. What I did on mine was remove the the whole control unit from the factory stereo, you have to do this anyways to attatch it to the new dash kit.

I believe there are 2 screws on each side and then you might have to push a tab in and pull out, I dont remember exactly. But anyways youll get the climate unit free from the radio but itll still be attached to the cable. Then just screw it place on the new dash kit.

best advice ever!! thanks guys. i was able to figure it out and just got finished putting the new headunit in and everything works great. thanks again

Archived