LegacyGT.com

control unit for pushbuttons on stereo/CC?

outbacksti

2005 OBXT. anybody see this one yet:

stereo works, climate control works, the KNOBS for volume and temperature adjust, but NONE of the push button controls on either unit work. :spin: so the stereos playing, and I can adjust the volume, but can't make it do anything else. Same with the climate control. any ideas. i looked at a couple what I thought were relevant fuses and they were all good. any ideas what controls the push buttons, or what the problem might be.

It won't be fuses.

Sounds more like an internal problem. Either it's seeing a button stuck down (preventing the others from working), or a broken or shorted wire or trace (maybe a loose piece of solder jumped to the wrong spot), or an internal ribbon connector disconnected.

Do you have buttons on the steering wheel? Could also be a problem there, or in the wiring between them and the radio.

To be really gloomy, it could also mean that the radio's microcontroller is partially fried.

What's the model written on the front of the radio? (like P-204UH)

Be sure to eject all of your CDs before you remove the radio (or if you can't do that, then try as much as possible not to shake it, and keep it right side up).

Archived