LegacyGT.com

Forester XT question

When you say head gasket issue, are you asking if it will go out?

If you are asking that, it is possible for them to bad. In fact, almost all the head gaskets go out at some point. If you properly maintain the vehicle you will get a longer life out of it, but just like timing belts, they will eventually go bad....This has been my experience in talking to the techs at the Subaru dealership I work at.

yes that was my question. that makes sense, but like every 2.5 in all the foresters legacys imprezas up to early 2000s were notorious for them going bad at like exactly 100,000 mi, are the turbos notorious or does it just always happen after a certain mileage?

The turbo motors aren't nearly as common as the NA motors. I worked PT as an oil changer for a Subie dealer abd I saw 1 bad head gasket on a turbo car in about 8 months I was there. It was a badly hammered STi with no cats, full turbo back, and no tune. Granted, these things may or may not have influenced it but it's my only reference.

It's weird because I originally applied for an open position at Napa but got a phone call for the interview with a guy at Ford.:confused: I gotta see what this turns into tomorrow. And if you have a free Saturday, take a trip to Keenan and just walk around. All the tile in the showroom was imported and laid by hand. All the brick in the drivethrough is imported Italian stone. They went hardcore with that place to say the least.

thats crazy! imported italian stone?!?! wtf are they thinking??

I have been in there before- my friend has an 84 300d. He went there to get a key (which had to be made in texas for whatever reason) and it cost him like $30 for 1 key... i guess they can afford to build a castle like that..

thats crazy! imported italian stone?!?! wtf are they thinking??

I have been in there before- my friend has an 84 300d. He went there to get a key (which had to be made in texas for whatever reason) and it cost him like $30 for 1 key... i guess they can afford to build a castle like that..

That sounds awfully familiar. Was that within the last, say, 6-8 weeks? I sold someone a key for an old diesel and I remember it costing $30. I'd say between end of December and maybe half way through January it happened.

Archived