LegacyGT.com

Cleaned the girlfriends Subaru

Yea, I told her to get auto since she'll be on the highway but she refuses. All but one of her past five cars have been stick. Whatever floats her boat.

05LegacyGTLimited: I am in Stoughton, MA. I detail outside all year round. Depending on the temp I can do more or less. I find as long as it's 30 degrees you can hand wash, wax, use a paint cleaner and wax/sealent without any trouble. Just wear long johns and seriously your good to go. Anything below 30 and stuff starts getting slushy.

I like to go to the spray bays. Their guns shoot hot water all winter. I spray/wash the rims, get my bucket, spray the car down, fill the bucket, hand wash, rinse with gun then hand dry followed by my regular detail. One nice thing is you dont have to worry about people wanting to use the spray bay in the winter. On the other hand even if they were they would think your retarded to hand wash in the winter and keep their distance.

Yea, I told her to get auto since she'll be on the highway but she refuses. All but one of her past five cars have been stick. Whatever floats her boat.

05LegacyGTLimited: I am in Stoughton, MA. I detail outside all year round. Depending on the temp I can do more or less. I find as long as it's 30 degrees you can hand wash, wax, use a paint cleaner and wax/sealent without any trouble. Just wear long johns and seriously your good to go. Anything below 30 and stuff starts getting slushy.

I like to go to the spray bays. Their guns shoot hot water all winter. I spray/wash the rims, get my bucket, spray the car down, fill the bucket, hand wash, rinse with gun then hand dry followed by my regular detail. One nice thing is you dont have to worry about people wanting to use the spray bay in the winter. On the other hand even if they were they would think your retarded to hand wash in the winter and keep their distance.

I did this back in college too, people looked at my roommate and I like we were nuts. I haven't found a good spray bay in this area though.

Eric

Thats what I usually do! There is a new car wash in Wilmington that has "Credit Card" bays that give you free 3 minutes with a $5 purchase. You get 8 minutes. I spray the whole car down to get the salt off, cover it with the foam stuff, fill the bucket wash it up and put another $5 in.

The one in Stoughton now allows CC's....when the machine works which is less than 50% of the time. Nothing worse then cleaning the rims/tires then swiping your card because I didnt want to break get a 20 from the ATM then break it at the gas station to realize the CC portion is out of service.

Ummm I think we own the same exact cars......is yours the grey silver type color?

el5y - As long as they are lighted and not congested I dont mind. There was one more so in the city of Boston that was mobbed all morning, afternoon and night. If you even took a hand brush out people would give you that look.

The one in Stoughton now allows CC's....when the machine works which is less than 50% of the time. Nothing worse then cleaning the rims/tires then swiping your card because I didnt want to break get a 20 from the ATM then break it at the gas station to realize the CC portion is out of service.

Ummm I think we own the same exact cars......is yours the grey silver type color?

el5y - As long as they are lighted and not congested I dont mind. There was one more so in the city of Boston that was mobbed all morning, afternoon and night. If you even took a hand brush out people would give you that look.

My car is Diamond Gray (DGM) I love it :D got it in November with 36 miles (that I put on it lol)

There is a hand/spray wash in Tewksbury that is always pretty busy, and if you even try to hand wash/bucket wash the attendants freak out!

Yeap we have the same exact car.

I like to detail alot, I have a Cyclo, DeWalt rotary and all of the speciality compounds, polishes, glazes, smr's, wax, sealents blah blah blah. I'm waiting for another paying customer because I have a 450.00+ order of detailing supplies I want to order asap. If you ever need help detailing the car or need company to get it done quicker, let me know.

Oh yeah, props for finding a girl who prefers stick :) I just converted my wife over. When her Civic got totaled we picked up a 2006 SAAB 9-3 in 5sp for her :) She's putting over 400 miles a week on it and loves it :)

So I'm not the only crazy bastard who brings a bucket and sponge to the carwash during the winter. :lol:

I have yet to do it this year though. I don't mind cold, but it has just been down right freezing.

So I'm not the only crazy bastard who brings a bucket and sponge to the carwash during the winter. :lol:

I have yet to do it this year though. I don't mind cold, but it has just been down right freezing.

Nope, it was above freezing today. So I gave my car a good wash.

Archived