LegacyGT.com

09 speakers and HU woring in spec B? or any 05-08

ama0787

I am wondering what options we have as far as installing the newer HK system in the older cars. If anyone has done this or looked into it pleae let me know pr post any information you have found on the topic.

TIA,

Anthony

I think Deer Killer said a year or so ago, that the 05-07 wiring was different from the '08 model wiring, so they weren't compatible. I imagine with the newer system in the 09's, the wiring is different than both 05-07's, and 08's. But I haven't tested it, it's just a guess. Maybe someone will get around to it at some point.

I think Deer Killer said a year or so ago, that the 05-07 wiring was different from the '08 model wiring, so they weren't compatible.

Except some guy in another thread just posted about dropping an '08 HU

into an '05 or '06 with no problems:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103854

... except he had manual climate controls.

Adding the HK would be a lot of wiring!

4 Channels go into the HK amp under the seat to 7 channels out.

You would need the pig tails from the amp and the wire harness pin out from the wiring diagram.

Plus the hole for the subwoofer, which IIRC wasnt added until late 07 early 08.

For the amount of time it would take, a far superior aftermarket system could be added.

djsnoops, the factory sub is, well, lacking. (I used to have one).

Kenwood KSC-SW1 (very difficult to get under seat, not really enough room) is FAR better, and not too different in price. (I have one on my shelf, guess it's a waste there). A real sub/amp blows both out of the water. Then again, a full system with a radio in your cubby is the best option.

it fits nicely? and hows the bass ? i feel like theres bass lacking at some points on the stock system, but the good quality songs do bring out some bass

I meant 'fills out' as in fills out the bass nicely. Especially once you get it dialed in, but then I'm not a guy who needs 8 12's to feel every bass note in my chest. As for fitting, I guess it fits nicely too. :lol:

Archived