LegacyGT.com

New review

Nice writeup. It seems that reviewers out of the States appreciate the car more than reviewers in the States. Oh well.... we know what we've got!

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

"Larger loads can be carted by dropping the 60-40 split rear seat, a process that takes mere seconds"

:confused:

So does Canada get some sort of folding rear seat in the sedan that the US doesn't get? Or did this guy just mistakenly copy and paste from the wrong part of the Subaru press release when writing his "in depth" review?????

I wonder if he actually timed the folding of the rear seats to know that it takes "mere seconds" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I thought the write ups in America were favorable.

Kelly

The reviews by US mags were mixed. Road & Track voted it best in their comparison with the Acura TSX (10/04), while Car & Driver voted it 3rd in a four car comparison (10/04) pitting the Legacy 2.5GT against the A4 1.8T, S40 T5, and the TSX.

That was a +ve review by Canadian Driver! :)

-Chike

No, I don't think he was driving a sedan.......

"Larger loads can be carted by dropping the 60-40 split rear seat, a process that takes mere seconds. The Legacy GT Wagon accepts 1,747-litres of cargo when in a similar state. "

I read that as saying he's refering to the sedan with the split rear seat. My guess is this was another review where the writer/reviewer drove the car about as long as some of us take test drives. :rolleyes:

Ahhhh, how I wish they'd offer a split folding rear seat for 2006. I'm trying my hardest to hold out 'till the 2006s come out in August for my foray into Legacy ownership (more for financial reasons than waiting for new features like nav and HID), and that feature would certainly help my waning patience to hold out just a little longer.

The reviews by US mags were mixed. Road & Track voted it best in their comparison with the Acura TSX (10/04), while Car & Driver voted it 3rd in a four car comparison (10/04) pitting the Legacy 2.5GT against the A4 1.8T, S40 T5, and the TSX.

That was a +ve review by Canadian Driver! :)

-Chike

Car & Driver has a long and dubious past history of favoring the Honda nameplate. While they (Acura / Honda) do make very nice cars, I thought the four car comparison of last year was a little over the edge, even for CD. The magazine reviewer clearly had his mind made up before the test began.:redface:

Archived