LegacyGT.com

06 or 07 or 08 Outback XT

SuperTurbo

Hi guys!

Basically I think the 08 Outback XT is nicer than the 06,07 one, but... I have heard Subaru starting to switch to use parts which is not made in Japan, so after 06's Subaru, they don't have the 100% made in Japan sticker....

Other than that, I heard OK amount of complain about the older gen of Outback (ex. brakes sucks, gear box is kind of weak, handlein isn't that amazing)

Do the 08 fix all those issues?

After that, I understand that startin from 07, they use a new Turbo, not the old one anymore, so which one is more efficient? (stock wise)

I know that 07 or upward is harder to have upgrades, but all I am aiming may be only like 350HP MAX.

I care more about daily driving, and saving fuel a bit more than crazy HP.

Lastly, do Legacy have a system like STi, so that we can adjust the front & rear power ratio?

thanks guys

There is no change at all in the engine of 05-09 cars all of them are the same, the parts content hasn't changed either.

The only difference in the 08+ is that they have a new front and rear bumpers and new stereo with an ipod input.

The 3.0R and XT outback and 2.5gt models have SI drive which is like the wrx in controlling where power goes yes.

...they don't have the 100% made in Japan sticker...

I don't believe any of them ever had a 100% made in Japan classification. The drivetrain generally comes from Japan and the car is assembled in Indiana.

There is no change at all in the engine of 05-09 cars all of them are the same, the parts content hasn't changed either.

The only difference in the 08+ is that they have a new front and rear bumpers and new stereo with an ipod input.

The 3.0R and XT outback and 2.5gt models have SI drive which is like the wrx in controlling where power goes yes.

Hes not talking about SI or I mode. Hes talking about the STI adjsutable diff and no only the STI has that. I dont think any of the subarus have a 100% made in japan sticker lol. The turbo in 07+ is a bit better but its not a turbo you can make 350whp thats for sure.

Yea... I mean something like the STi adjustable diff.... Because I am kind of worry will it be a problem to drive fast with 45(Front)/55(Rear) on snow. and once if I hit the highway speed, will it fishtail like crazy....

Oh, I know I need to upgrade the Turbo, intercooler, and ECU to pump up to that range, but mostly I am worrying about the transmission can it stand up to there... I heard PPL using the accessport running at stage 2 blow some gears already....

Do anyone make a set of beef up gears or so for those auto trannys which can have stage 2 accessport power??

My understand for accessport stage2 is give you around 40HP extra, right? Is that really a lot?? Because it's only 40HP.... (It sounds a lot for a go-kart, but not a lot for a big car....)

btw. usually which part of the tranny break? gear inside the gearbox or.....

Things is usually what will break for 40more whp?

Like which gear specifically?? Final gear or inside the gear box?

for a 250HP (Stock OutBack) It's about 200HP on the wheel, right?

So.... add an extra 40whp on the car, that means around 310HP on the crank?

Because my major goal is saving fuel while I am crusing, and having enough power when I just tap on the gas pedal....

icic...

Because things makes me worry the most is the stuff inside the tranny. Pulling the gearbox apart, and change a few gears cost a lot....

Other than that, I am not sure will the dealership be able to detect that ECU mod.....

btw, for stage 2, is that means Cobb's Turbo back exhaust system + accessport? so... that means dealer can find that out quite easily or....

No stage 2 is a catless up pipe and downpipe it can be aftermarket parts or the stock ones with the cats removed. You can still have stock exhaust and be stage 2. And a stage 2 tune, now if you did need to use your warrenty the car would have to be put back to stock. So you would load the stock map back on and put the stock down pipe and up pipe back on.

No stage requires no cat back exhaust, and you only need a uppipe if you have a 05/06 because the 07+ has no cat in the up pipe

I pulled this from the unofficial stage definitions sticky thread

Stage 2: Up pipe, down pipe, upgraded stage 2 ECU map/tune

Yea... I mean something like the STi adjustable diff.... Because I am kind of worry will it be a problem to drive fast with 45(Front)/55(Rear) on snow. and once if I hit the highway speed, will it fishtail like crazy....

Oh, I know I need to upgrade the Turbo, intercooler, and ECU to pump up to that range, but mostly I am worrying about the transmission can it stand up to there... I heard PPL using the accessport running at stage 2 blow some gears already....

You shouldnt run disimilar wheels or you will burn out your center diff and some other parts i forgot which ones. since you are worried about the tranny this would be a mistake.

And the STI has the DCCD - Driver Controlled Center Differential. which is only supply in the WRX STI the Legacy STI 402 doesnt have it either.,

Archived