LegacyGT.com

help with noise

Hi, This is a non-subaru car question. I need help with my other car.

I have a nissan sentra 02 gxe stock with 97k miles on it. I gave it to my dad since i bought a LGT. I have been using the car this month as a DD, since he went on a trip. Recently, I have been hearing a lot of noise in the car.

1. humming noise around 30mph. The faster I go the louder it gets. Maybe bad wheel bearings?

2. Before when I was using the car I always make sharp right turns around 20-30mph on tight corner, but now when I do it, it feels like the left wheel lifts up or the left front end of the car. Bad front Struts?

3. Also I hear clicking sounds when turning. its like 2 metal hitting each other.

I Just fixed the head gasket, water pump (the car was over heating) Cleaned the throttle body, The car feels smooth now when accelerating. Just alot of noise when on the highway.

Appreciate the help! Thanks! The other forum is useless (cough nico cough club cough!):rolleyes:

K.

1.Humming noise. Most likely the wheel bearings.

2. Could be the struts, could be a possible control arm.

3. Clicking sound while turning. Possible CV joints.

I am just guessing on probs 2 and 3. The humming sound is def the wheel bearings. Which one I dont know a mechanic would need to look at them and see for you. If I can recall last time I had a wheel bearing go out it cost me about $100 to fix with labor. You of course can do it yourself for half if not cheaper.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Archived