LegacyGT.com

resonator question

lordchilly

I have the xo2 racing turbo back exhaust system. Thats the 3inch system. Now, Im trying to find a resonator for it. Anyone recommend where to buy one? The ones I find is 2.5 inches. Also, Stainless steel.

thanks

Willie

Yes , Vibrant makes a 3" resonator. They offer two types 1) a round version 12 inch long, with outside diameter of 4" and 2) a bigger version more like a smallish muffler (The ultra quiet version) I believe its 5" tall. Oval in shape.

I'll be adding the round Vibrant resonator to a system on my leggy that already has a Muffler in place of one of the cats

If you guys will just look through ebay plenty of vendors sell 3" resonators...at prices starting as low as $15-20.... I picked up 2 for $35 last time I bought one....

but if you'd rather pay more...by all means

I get more results by typing in manufacturer names...

also remember that a 4x9 5x8 muffler works just as well...if not better.

:)

If you really want to lower the noise forget the resonator. SEveral of the Loud magnaflow systems have triead various Mufflers and resonators with varied degrees of success. Resonators lower 10 % and mufflers lower around 40 % of sound/drone. See the magnaflow thread for more deltailed info.

Archived