LegacyGT.com

Here I am in Japan and I..

Jeeze..

Here I am in Japan, and I have been so buzzy I haven't had any times to take any pictures..

I bought the new Club Legacy Magazine with the new S402 STI Legacy..and I don't have a scanner to scan it now.

I just got back from from dinner..and in the parking lot was a Imprezza STI S203..and I was smacking myslef in the head cuz i didn't have a camera..

Oh well..tommorw I will go out with a camera..

B4

lots of cars in asia come with powered folding side mirrors... hey at least the us market gets tons of big-ass suv's.

My Audi had powered folding mirrors, and in reverse, the passenger side can be set to pitch down so you can see the curb while parking. I miss that, but love the XT better, more comfortable, less hastle, better quality and reliability (at least so far)

Can't wait to see pics of the trip

Wish I were there. Lived in Yokohama for a year right off Route 16 and just north of Yokohama Eki (Kehin Kuko line). Our oldest was born there.

Did make it down in Okinawa in September and October of last year but work kept me way too busy to get my camera and any enthusiasts's cars together.

If you have time and are able to do this, could please check out the white "color" of any 4th gen (2004 and newer) JDM LGTs? I need to know whether the JDM white is the same as the USDM Satin White Pearl or just a base white. Would also be interested in which TMIC/FMIC and exhaust systems the Subaru motor heads are bolting up there. Not too much trouble, sound clips are great too.

There's several painted JDM pieces that I want to order but only if there is a color match between the two markets.

Kyo tsuketinay!

Arigato gozaimasu Patricksan.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Wish I were there. Lived in Yokohama for a year right off Route 16 and just north of Yokohama Eki (Kehin Kuko line). Our oldest was born there.

Did make it down in Okinawa in September and October of last year but work kept me way too busy to get my camera and any enthusiasts's cars together.

If you have time and are able to do this, could please check out the white "color" of any 4th gen (2004 and newer) JDM LGTs? I need to know whether the JDM white is the same as the USDM Satin White Pearl or just a base white. Would also be interested in which TMIC/FMIC and exhaust systems the Subaru motor heads are bolting up there. Not too much trouble, sound clips are great too.

There's several painted JDM pieces that I want to order but only if there is a color match between the two markets.

Kyo tsuketinay!

Arigato gozaimasu Patricksan.

SBT

gimme the colour code and I'll check it for you:)

Jeeeeze...will I ever get a chance to take a picture...

People in this company works 12 hour days...I can't get a break!

I have to take some pictures soon!

We may have the cool gear, but we are certainly time poor to put it to good use. Add the fact that commuting by car is rare in bigger towns and you start to understand those silly low mileages that some cars have after many years.

Did I hear anyone say "Sunday driver" ? ;)

That was the one thing that always amazed me was how many cars came out of the woodwork on Sundays. Talk about gridlock. My wife went into labor on Sunday afternoon (at the height of the traffic congestion). Our normal 15 minute commute to the hospital took well over 2 hours. Okay honey, breathe. We were driving a Toyota Hi-Ace at the time and it was not fun weaving that thing back and forth through traffic.

Paul,

I know you're buried in work too, so thanks for checking. The paint code is 37J for the Satin White Pearl.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hey, OT kinda question, but I'm pretty curious.

What are the major differences betwen living in Japan and the US?

Relative costs of housing, food, car ownership, etc. kinda stuff.

I assume that most live in much smaller houses and have a higher cost of living etc?

I was in Australia about a year ago for a months vacation, what struck me was that EVERYTHING seamed to be on a smaller scale then in the US. With the exception of the agricultural areas. Smaller cars, grocery stores, houses, streets, malls, etc. (Melbourne, Sidney and Cairns)

I've never traveled there, so have no real idea....

Hey, OT kinda question, but I'm pretty curious.

What are the major differences betwen living in Japan and the US?

Relative costs of housing, food, car ownership, etc. kinda stuff.

I assume that most live in much smaller houses and have a higher cost of living etc?

I was in Australia about a year ago for a months vacation, what struck me was that EVERYTHING seamed to be on a smaller scale then in the US. With the exception of the agricultural areas. Smaller cars, grocery stores, houses, streets, malls, etc. (Melbourne, Sidney and Cairns)

I've never traveled there, so have no real idea....

I was on the "rock" for 16 months (Okinawa) some years ago and I remember the top speed limit on the island was 50Km!or 31 miles per hour. I wonder if this has changed???

Can you bring back a big box of Dorimons for me? =P.

50km? Sounds about right. In HK, on the main highways, it's about 60-70km while getting close to the city it's about 40-50km. The real question to ask is, does anyone follow it. Same with Japan and in HK. Once night time comes around and the traffic lightens up. "Everyone" comes out.

I will take a picture today if I have to leave my meetings early!

Its driving me nutz..

Yeah, driveing here is crazy.. My partner has a 3.0 Legacy Wagon here, and I think its too huge for some of the roads we were driving on.

So that's why we have been using the BMW Z3...

Archived