LegacyGT.com

Smoked Tail Lights

wagonmaster87

Wow nice... Did you have to buy new tints when you switched out your taillights?

Or can you kinda just peel it off, and reapply?

I haven't tried re-application - I don't think that it would work, though, as the bond is adhesive based, not electrostatic.... I bought a second set for my JDMs.

Do any of the other forementioned brands have the cutout for the reverse like Jinsu's? I've been reading we can't really get em from him anymore...

Unfortunately, I don't know. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ :lol: No, no, not nearly. I'm nowhere near as helpful as I should be, given my tenure here, I should know much more than the little that I do. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 2 weeks later...

I have some slight concerns for "red-by-sight" in my area.

Although not on the books, it's a code that some enforcers just decide to enforce :lol: , and they typically hit modified vehicles with this BS (since it's not on the books, I can, without any bit of ethical/moral debate, call it total BS!).

I've had the Jinsu/ClearGuard "clear stacked ovals" on my '05, in one form or another (JDM and USDM tails), for the last 4 years, with not a single problem either day or night, in terms of this legal concern.

Frostbite, you just sprayed over the outside of your taillights?

How does it hold up against water/soap water/snow/ice, etc?

How long have you had them on, do they show any signs of fading/wear?

Could you please take some closeup pictures?

I've been looking at tinting taillights too and I was looking at lamin-x... any opinions on that?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=33252297&l=99a56&id=68110112

Thats probably the best picture I got of them right now. I've added a little more clearcoat to them since that picture was taken to shine them up a little more. But overall I am very happy with how they look. Never been bothered by a cop about them too, even though its illegal in VA.

Archived