LegacyGT.com

NEED to pass CO Emissions! HELP ME

Hey Everyone,

Here's the jist. I took my 2002 Legacy GT in Saturday morning to get the Emissions done, and I failed due to High NOx Readings. I came home removed my Air Filter Housing and all connected plastic, battery, and Wiper fluid Reservoir. I pulled all my spark plugs and replaced them with Bosch Platinum 2+ plugs. I looked for an EGR valve, unable to find one, then read into my Haynes manual and it doesn't specifically say one exists on a 2002. I am in the process of pulling my exhaust, manifold to muffler, so I can pull my CAT(between the rust and location of the bolts I couldn't do it under the car). My mid pipe between the 2 portions of my CAT is rusted out, so I am looking to replace that if at all possible. I need some MAJOR help here. I replaced my plugs, hopefully I will fix my CAT, is that going to take care of my High NOx?!?!?!?? Thanks Everyone!

Just an update..... I pulled my exhaust, manifold to muffler, and will soon be separating my CAT from the rest of my exhaust. BTW, I pulled my car off the ramps and pulled it completely into my garage, HOLY KCUF!!! I wish it sounded like that all the time! hahaha

I dont think a new cat will fix nox but im not sure. I just replaced my cat myself in order to pass inspection, the CEL it threw was 'catalyst deficiency'

BTW i hear bosch plugs are not all too great, NGK are recommended by subie and other people that ive talked to

register your car in el paso county. no emission's testing unless its a diesel.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Archived