LegacyGT.com

headlight scratches

Mr Ploppy

As this is my first post, I would just like to thank everyone for their contributions and hope that I can also assist by being an active member of these forums.

My car is a MY05 Liberty Gt (Aust. delivery) and due to having to travel 200K to work I use a car bra. Unfortunately the bra is scratching my headlights. I have purchased a bottle of Meguiar's PLASTX and was wondering if it is the best product to remove the scratches. If I can remove the scratches, I will try to get some rockblocker headlight protectors (any hints on how to get them to Australia?? :) )

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

PS. I have just fitted some HIDs for my high beams and would also like to know, where the hell did you fit the ballasts????? I can show you where I mounted mine but it isn't an installation job I am particularly proud of!!!

If they are deep scratches, then no it won't. It is great for fine scratches and swirling though. You may need to buff the deeper scratches out, very carefully.

Acetone can be used to remove build-up and help smooth out fine scratches a little and then follow up with the Meguiar's to polish. This would be a step later on when hazing from weather and road debris like sand and dirt start to take a toll on the headlight.

Archived