LegacyGT.com

Stromung Catback vs. HKS Silent Power

abakja1

Can anyone comment on the live-ability of the HKS after having it on the car for a while? I'm currently waiting for my HKS to come in, its been on "order" thru JSC for the past 3 weeks and I am starting to get impatient regarding its arrival. I am now wondering if its worth it, or if I should cancel and get the Subaru SPT V2 cbe? Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks,

I think that the build and quality of the HKS exhaust is top notch..

Really nice welds, nice chrome like pieces and the mufflers look JDM awesome looking at 4-5" tips from the rear...

Compared to the Stromung I have now, they are not as loud or good performance wise, but for those looking for DD driver car, its a good compromise..

I think better than SPT, but IMO,....good things come to those that wait...

Got my HKS silent power exhaust from wesellcarparts.com. They matched the best internet price I found(1,060.00 at gripmotors) and took only a week. Muffler shop guy said best fitting exhaust he ever installed. I think the look and sound is perfect.:)

Hefyforme and Abakja1,

Thanks for reminding me to be patient, I dont want to sell myself short and since everyone who owns this system has nothing but great things to say about it, I am going to wait for the HKS to land.

When the order was placed (JSC Speed is a great vendor as far as service is concerned) I was told I would receive the exhaust 10 days from the order date of 6/19/09. It is now 7/9/09 and they are unable to tell me when they might receive it, so I'm thinking that its backordered.

JSC Speed was able to tell me me that they source the HKS products from another distributor, does anyone know who that might be? I'd like to contact them directly for an rough eta(and stop hassling JSC Speed), but my gut tells me that my system is on a slow boat over from Japan.

The economy is affecting the supply system. No one is keeping any inventory on hand. I ordered spec-b struts for my wagon from tire rack with a expected delivery date of 6-23. Then it was moved to 6-25, then 7-1,then 7-30. WTF! Tire rack said was just the rt. front they didn't have but maintaned the 7-30 date was still good. I called Bilstein USA and they said no rt front struts would be available until Oct.! Cancelled my order and now waiting on some Tokico's!

Also DBA 4000 rotors on backorder! If you can't at least get a shipping date on the HKS, call wesellcarparts and see what they say. Like I said, they got me mine in just a week and thats better than I'm doing on all the other stuff.

CaptainMorgan: Well if you switch out your stromung... there are quite a few of us that would love to buy it from you..

Plus this ^

Where in the world did you find your Stromung?

Still have the HKS for sale? Do you have any pics of it when it was on the car? What is the DIA of the tips?

Archived