LegacyGT.com

Not same exhasust for sedan vs wagon?

fredrik_wt

I have read som threads here, and it "sounds" like it isent the same exhaust system for sedan and wagon, is that correkt?

my plan was to try to get one of these http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=597&catid=102

to put at my outback 2.5i -07(wagon), I thougt it must be close to bult on and maybe just a small modification close to the cat or something like that (cause it for GT may be a bitt bigger)

but if an exhaust from a sedan doesent work at a wagon it will never work out well for an outback I guess:confused:

Just the tips on the wagon mufflers are longer. Outbacks though have a completely different muffler that the tips point down because there's no cut outs on the bumper. I do believe someone here put those Megan dual tippers on an OB. I don't recall who though. ;)

It might not be too bad, since I believe Swedish cars should have the shorter JDM bumpers - so an exhaust made for a US sedan might work okay on a wagon with a JDM rear bumper... But I'm not sure about how much shorter the JDM bumper is compared to how much shorter the sedan exhaust is.
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Should work fine. You might want longer hangers.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

It might not be too bad, since I believe Swedish cars should have the shorter JDM bumpers - so an exhaust made for a US sedan might work okay on a wagon with a JDM rear bumper... But I'm not sure about how much shorter the JDM bumper is compared to how much shorter the sedan exhaust is.

No. While EDM/JDM Outbacks have a bit shorter bumpers, they will need USDM wagon tips. USDM sedan will be too short.

Archived