LegacyGT.com

HVAC and RADIO display off

FrozenNorthLGT

Ok, I did a quick search and netted nothing, I will go back to looking but this is a bit urgent so I'm posting now. I went to work this morning at 8:30, everything in the car is normal. I get out tonight at 7:30, and I have no radio or hvac display. Nothing in either screen. The lights on all the buttons work fine, and the buttons themselves do too. All completely normal as far as I can tell listening to the radio and the vents. Tried messing with the illumin. nothing. tried almost all the buttons. nothing. looked at the fuse for illum, and for nav/radio. (not that a fuse burning out would affect JUST the displays, but I looked anyways) nothing. Didnt pop the hood yet, just cause there is a ton of snow on it and it's cold so I wanted to get home and change clothes before working outside. any ideas? Im lost because just the displays going out is completely random. Only things done to the car are foglight mod (no cutting way) and a remote starter installed, both of which are well within my technical abilities and have been done for several months with no issues what-so-ever. Hopefully someone can chime in with somthing helpful...back to searching...:confused:

Noob mistake, I forgot that there is a seperate forum on this site for "Issues/Problems"...found a couple threads on this, all with zero answers, and most with the problem going away shortly on its own. Only thing mentioned to try was the eject button so Ill try that when I go outside later. Sorry for the repost of a common problem. :redface:

Well I went back outside and started the car and no luck. Drove around for a bit, played with the eject and load buttons, nothing. Gave the passenger side of the console/dash a swift wack while muttering somthing obscene and poof....both displays came back on. :rolleyes: go gizmo go.....

Not related but, I have a home made CD in the changer. It has played fine till lately. Now, selecting this disk makes my HVAC and radio display go nuts. Brightness goes up and down, the radio display alternates between normal and showing the time remaining, the HVAC and radio cycle on and off. If I don't play that CD (but, other homemade ones), everyting works fine.

Archived