LegacyGT.com

07 Spec.B front tires inside shoulder wear

Vert1go1

I just bought an 07 spec.B recently. When I removed the stock wheels/tires to put on a set of 17" with snow tires, I noticed the inside shoulder of the front RE050As were fairly wore, almost bald. Definitely need replacement. That's not a big deal though. My concern is why they have worn so much on the front inside shoulders. Does the spec.B in general wear the inside shoulders hard? Or do I have an alignment/camber issue? I'd rather spend the $50 for an alignment than kill my new snow tires in a couple thousand miles. The stock tires have just over 19,000 miles on them, but the rears look great, at least half tread remaining.

Second part of this. If I buy two new RE050A for the front, and keep the other two good ones on the rear, will this screw with the viscous center diff, or is it just the front and rear diff dealing with side to side variances that matters?

Thanks

Dave

While I found that my RE050 wore fairly quickly there certainly was no issue at all with uneven tread wear.

Have you been rotating your tires????

I agree that if you have that much uneven wear you may have an alignment issue.

Also agree that you may have major issues with replacing only 2 tires.

Search the forum regarding replacing tires before just replacing 2 of them. I am sure just 2 may be a bad thing.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived