LegacyGT.com

My brother's new car - 2005 CL65 AMG

:rolleyes:

The Spec B is way faster.

No way, teh SRT4 is t3h f4ster! :spin:

--

OK, seriously.

These things' value fall faster than rocks, and that's got me seriously looking into getting one, to replace Winky. :redface: The other good thing is that if it's still under warranty, I could just drop the sucker off at the dealer, and not have to worry about much.

I keep thinking that with a fast-enough car, I just won't mess with it, and leave it stock. :lol: I don't think that the wifey believes that, but she's said that she'd allow me to get a much more expensive car, if I can promise to not touch it......:p

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Oops, yes I meant an S65 for myself one day.

I could see dropping $40k for a car that was originally $190k and has maybe 40-50k miles on it, with that wonderful v12 under the hood. I'd get it programmed and that's it - I swear!

We'll see. My Legacy has only 17k miles and is almost paid for, and I've got all this crap left to bolt onto it when the weather warms up (no garage). It's nothing in comparison with the Benz but there's something about the idea of a 400whp car with no payments too.

I could see dropping $40k for a car that was originally $190k and has maybe 40-50k miles on it, with that wonderful v12 under the hood. I'd get it programmed and that's it - I swear!

We'll see. My Legacy has only 17k miles and is almost paid for.... It's nothing in comparison with the Benz but there's something about the idea of a 400whp car with no payments too.

+1 to all.

The only real concern that I have is with out-of-warranty service on the AMG.

I loved the DSM community - and now the Scooby/Legacy community - simply because anything that goes wrong, you can pretty much count on another of the large membership/enthusiast base to have the technical knowledge and know-how covered...and parts are relatively inexpensive.

I honestly don't know how much DIY support there is in the AMG community, and I certainly can't imagine that parts come cheap......

I've been spoiled, for lack of better words, by ample DIY-level support.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

that thing is a beast, i wouldn't even know what to do with all that power haha

The power of that car is overrated, 8 burly scottish men beat one in a Tug of War contest on Top Gear

(hint: ground was so wet and car and too much torque so it just spun its tires wildly on the pavement and mud and lost).

Its a solid 11 second car, im sure a good driver could get it into the 10s but i have seen alot of slightly modded ones at the track some with drag radials and i havent seen one hit 10s yet. You would think with that much power and drag radials 10s would be within reach. Maybe mecedes guys just cant drive, im sure the 4600lbs curb weight has soemthing to do with it too

After checking it's actually closer to 4800 lbs. plus driver.

A simple ECU tune nets around 100hp/200tq more but there's a limit to what you can do at launch with just two tires. The traction control is pretty liberal, allowing a decent bit of spin before stepping in.

Marko (the one with the 1500whp Supra) :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUnE500utg8]YouTube - CL65 DRAG RACE 10.73@130mph[/ame]

Mods consisted of larger water/air IC's, ECU/TCU flash, drag radials. 10.73 @ 130

A simple ECU tune nets around 100hp/200tq more but there's a limit to what you can do at launch with just two tires. The traction control is pretty liberal, allowing a decent bit of spin before stepping in.

Mods consisted of larger water/air IC's, ECU/TCU flash, drag radials. 10.73 @ 130

Those are rediculous #s and who would think it could pull those? Roll up next to one and get schooled!

Rehab is for quitters.

Those are some fvcking sick numbers.

My buddy's 650whp STI ran similar quarters, but only after he spent close to $50k on mods (multiple turbo setups, engines, dog cut gears, etc) - on top of the price of the car! :spin: And his STI did not have ventilated, massage seats!

Archived