LegacyGT.com

My recent Subaru experience...

Today, after almost a month of waiting, I pick up my car. However, I suppose it is best to start this story at the beginning. The weekend before Christmas I went to visit a friend in Baltimore, MD. Only an 1.5 hours away from my home in Philly, I expected a two day trip. Long story short, my friend and I were driving to his house after a night in town. About three miles from his exit, there were several police that had the freeway shut down. This forced us to an exit where I proceeded to slide laterally on black ice into a concrete highway barrier. Expecting the worse, I pulled over and expected the damage. Much to my surprise, and delight, there was no body damage. However, I had a cracked rim and my alignment was totally whacked. I drove the car the final mile to his house and let it sit. The next morning I took the car to Valley Motors Subaru on York Road in Cockeysville, MD. The diagnosis was a bent control arm, cracked wheel bearing, and new rim and tire to the tune of $1500. Right before New Years the dealership calls to tell me they completed the work, but found further damage. This time its a new rim on the rear as well as strut damage front and rear, another $1500. When those parts came in, they were wrong and I had to cancel three flights back to Baltimore waiting for the right ones. Now I sit in the airport getting ready to board a plane to Baltimore, and the damn dealership won't even pick me up from the airport. Gotta board now, but I'll let you know how things go at the dealership!

Archived