LegacyGT.com

Spec b or 09 WRX

I just traded an '08 STi (or STI if you're new school) in for my '08 spec.B (and yes, the spec > god). If you want cozy comfort with good performance and the ability to tune like crazy, go for the spec. If you want good performance with an uber ability to tune, go WRX. If you want crazy fun, kick your pants haul butt fun get the STi. Keep in mind that the WRX and STi are based on the Impreza so they have pretty simple interiors. My biggest gripe with the STi was that everybody, I mean everybody thought they wanted to race. I mean my god even pickup trucks. It was getting silly. I finally couldn't stand it anymore. I need a new avatar. :\

-joe-

I have to disagree on the econobox interior. I think it looks pretty nice. Although I haven't sat in one they look pretty nice in the pics.

It's also got more power stock than a LGT. I will say I don't like the exterior though, but some do look nice.

Like Discowagons STI for example.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/10424777/112_0811_04z+2009_subaru_impreza_WRX+interior.jpg

Wow, I thought that was the Spec.B interior at first, til I scrolled down and saw the WRX.

i was about to buy an 09wrx premium, but found an 08 spec b for 1k cheaper. stock for stock, i'd say spec b is 90% of the wrx speed and fun, but 200% better overall as a car.

And has exactly same potential engine wise... in fact more overall, because 6 speed is 100x better transmission, so can withstand higher power levels.

Wow, I thought that was the Spec.B interior at first, til I scrolled down and saw the WRX.

you haven;t spent enough time in the gt.

there are some short cuts taken in that pic.

the center cup holder thingy? we have a slide that goes over it. cleans up the look a bit. owners will see it right away. i'd prefer the red gauges though.

Thanks for the input, so far I am leaning towards the Spec b, nicer looking and better interior. The only problem is finding one. The only used one close to where I live is about 5 hours away. The dealership in my city has one, but I think its a new 2009. Still going to check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for the input, so far I am leaning towards the Spec b, nicer looking and better interior. The only problem is finding one. The only used one close to where I live is about 5 hours away. The dealership in my city has one, but I think its a new 2009. Still going to check it out tomorrow.

ask if they can get it for you, the used one. I bet they can.

Archived