LegacyGT.com

Just got my 05 XT Limited

GR, taupe interior, 5MT, lots of accessories. I have been around and around the block looking at different vehicles; allroad, XC70, even SUVs like X3, SRX. What had put me off was our WRX which was just too uncivilized for me -- and the 2.0 just had no grunt below 4k, _not_ a problem w. the XT 2.5 -- and I wasn't enamored w/ the Outback when I first drove it. But brought my WRX in for svc., and what sold me was color (that red is nice, even though it might be a ticket magnet, hoping that the wagon aspect will keep the cops away :)), interior (I like the more airy look of taupe and yes the fake wood accents), and most of all that I drove the 5spd. Only problem is that living in the ski town I will be just one of the crowd! The fact that I am getting into the Outback for hundreds less than I was looking at the other vehicles sold me -- and I am convinced that it is a far better vehicle, at least for my needs -- than ones costing 10k more. Will post pics.

Thinking about a chip and perhaps some suspension/wheel mods for summer; the only thing I don't like about the current setup is pitch and dive under accel and braking and it does get a little wallowy through high-speed bumpy sweepers.

i was in the same boat: I choose the XT after driving X3, X5, XC90, XC70, Dodge Magnum, Audi Allroad, Acura MDX, Volvo V70 R, Passat, Saab 9-5 etc..

I got a great vehicle that I can tune to my liking for 10, 000 less than some comparable vehicles.

The suspension does need a little tightening up though. At least we will have the parts to do so (shortly).

Julian

Guest *Jedimaster*
i was in the same boat: I choose the XT after driving X3, X5, XC90, XC70, Dodge Magnum, Audi Allroad, Acura MDX, Volvo V70 R, Passat, Saab 9-5 etc..

I got a great vehicle that I can tune to my liking for 10, 000 less than some comparable vehicles.

The suspension does need a little tightening up though. At least we will have the parts to do so (shortly).

Julian

We will?

Julian

The only car I would have waited for was a 9-3 aero wagon w/ awd. But that looks like it is years down the road as apparantly Epsilon won't support awd. I wonder just how many high-end intenders Subaru is stealing. The Leg is one tight well put together car, I really don't feel like I am giving anything up. Plus I don't have to be embarrassed driving a bmw to a friend's house. :D Not to mention that I can keep it past the warranty period without being afraid of being out 2k a pop for the little reliability issues that seem so common on most of the euro brands.

Originally Posted by jmad

Julian

We will?

Patience, young Jedi...

Guest *Jedimaster*
Originally Posted by jmad

Julian

We will?

Patience, young Jedi...

OK- but no clues at all?

trey cobb at cobb tuning is using sway bars for the GT with adjustable end links, and that is what I am going to do. That way if I put on firmer springs in the future, I can still use these sway bars and just adjust for the drop. I am waiting on a return email from Paul at AVO, which I will post here.

The spring/strut combo is much more difficult, because I have not come across anything yet that will firm up the ride and only drop it about an inch.

Guest *Jedimaster*
trey cobb at cobb tuning is using sway bars for the GT with adjustable end links, and that is what I am going to do. That way if I put on firmer springs in the future, I can still use these sway bars and just adjust for the drop. I am waiting on a return email from Paul at AVO, which I will post here.

The spring/strut combo is much more difficult, because I have not come across anything yet that will firm up the ride and only drop it about an inch.

I hope they get them out soon- they got the AP out on time, so I have a sneaking suspiscion they're due to be late on something.

here is some interesting feedback from paul

Julian,

I haven't gone online to check on the front bar size for the american outback, but if it is smaller, here is one package that I talked over with Ross that we can put together: front JDM GT 21mm stabilizer bar rear JDM GT 20mm stabilizer bar Urethane bushings for front and rear bars Longer front and rear AVO adjustable endlinks

Total price is $450USD shipped, and we'll do an initial discount to $430usd shipped to LegacyGT.com customers.

I can also do the same with the Cusco front and rear stabilizer bars instead for the Legacy GT (JDM).

With the other parts the same, the price would be about $550USD shipped, about $520USD for LegacyGT.com members. (finalizing the pricing now, but should be in that ballpark).

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

Archived