LegacyGT.com

tires for life?

gt_ltd

if they can sell 100+/month in sunny CA (i always thought most CA people don't care about AWD/4WD?), why not open up a dealership in states that snow and sell more? i believe 200+/month is no problem at least here in CO if they are willing to sell at prices like that plus free lifetime oil changes (never heard of such thing from most subaru dealers here!).

Flatirons has tires for life.

what do you mean by tires for life? since when? is it free? any catch?

too bad i had bad experience with one idiot who only worked at their service department for not so long (i used to go there for 3~4 yrs but never saw him before - it only took one new guy to piss off and turn away a loyal customer), otherwise i would have spent my $30K there last summer (spent ~21K there b4) and let them service my new car.

This Space For Rent

my dealer does the tires for life thing--basically is you get all your service done there, you get new tires for the life of the vehicle--when the old ones wear out they are supposed to give you new ones. Unfortunately I haven't worn mine out yet to know how it'll work. Potential drawbacks--i'm sure they get to decide if they are worn enough or not, so they might say "well, technically they are still legal" and you're trying to get through winter on barely legal tires. I also asked if I could get OTHER tires than the stockers and just get whatever they would pay for the stockers applied to the price of the other tires, and the guy said he didn't know, it was something new they were doing and he wasn't sure if they would allow that or not. I figure since I have the coupon book for the 3 yr 36k mile maintenance anyway, I might as well get it done there and see how it ends up working out with the tires. In a worst case scenario they make me take re-92's again, and I just immediatelt sell them and use the money towards some Pirelli's--at least I still get something that way.

They have 'tires for life' at Patriot in Maine. It sounded cool when I bought the car, but now I don't know for a few reasons:

1. I'm ready to replace the stock tires, but they aren't close to wearing out.

2. You can't take advantage of the offer if you move out of the area.

3. I am required to service my car there.

I was told that when the tires are ready to be replaced I can pick another tire, as long as it is less than the stockers. TireRack lists the oem tires at $158 per tire, so when the time comes I should at least be able to replace them with some nicer ones.

Chris

yeah, I'm hoping mine will say the same thing, and since they are more expensive on tirerack hopefully I could get the pzero nero's instead to try out. The only thing I worry about is that subaru must get some great deal on the re-92's to keep using them you'd think, so maybe they don't have to pay anywhere near what we do or something.

Archived