LegacyGT.com

Nooooo!!! Legacy bolt pattern changed?

gtguy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='racerdave']So what does that pattern and offset mean for wheel choices? Is that the same as the WRX? If so, WRX take-offs could make good snow wheels...[/quote] Same bolt pattern as the older WRX, but don't forget that the GT's honkin' brake rotors exclude the use of 16" wheels for snows. I plan to use my stock GT wheels as snows. I would expect the GT offset to be something like +52 or so with the 17" wheel. Kevin

[quote name='SUBE555']They are 5x100 offset. Around +52 give/take 1mm is likely the range it sits in. Subaru's always use a high offset.[/quote] It's just because I went to Tire Rack and noticed they offer the OZ Superleggera's as an appropriate selection which I know to be around 40mm offset in the VW's (cause I had one). I just didn't think manufacturers made multiple offsets of the same wheel pattern, rather, they would just use spacers, no? :?:

Wheel mfgs often make multiple offsets. [url=http://www.gruppe-s.com/Volk/volk_sub.htm]EXAMPLE[/url] The brakes on the 2.5i are 10.8 vented front, 10.6 solid rear; 2.5i limited gains WRX sized 11.5-inch front vented discs. The ones on the new GT are 4-wheel vented disc with 12.3-inch front rotors, while 11.3-inch pizza discs are on the rear. I believe the front rotors are almost an inch and a quarter wide as well. They're much beefier than previously. Excellent stoppers. :cool:

That is per the brocure. SHOULD be right on, I know the GT is for sure and am pretty sure the others are accurate to +/- .1" as I believe the brakes are technically made to metric sizing.

Might I just add that the vented rears are REALLY nice. Note that not only does the Outback XT get smaller rotors, but the rears are solid, rather than vented. Yet the GT is a heavier car than the GT. Makes you wonder what someone was thinking when they specced the cars, particularly given that both take a 17" wheel, so it would have been easy to put the same brake on both cars. I'm betting that the GT brakes to XT swap will be a popular mod. Kevin

If the WRX had them with 17's, it would be a good bit nicer of a handling car (well, throw good tires on those wheels too. :lol: ) I think that brake size will start to become more popular soon in more of the turbo models. Less chance of warping, better stopping distances and more just make it a very viable solution for anything with more power and designed for touring and the back roads. We will probably see the H6 and the 2.5XT models (both FXT and OB XT) gain that setup within the next 3 model years.

thanks turboliberty! now all we need is the distance from the fender to the shock. in my search for wheels for my solara, i found that most were 4x100 or 5x100. 5x114.3 were hard to come by, because only toyotas and nissans had them. honda had just recently switched over. keep in mind when buying tires that the full width on a rim will be .5-1" wider, so a 225 tire can be 235mm wide on a 7" rim and 245mm wide on a 7.5 or 8".

Archived