LegacyGT.com

Help diagnosing this problem please - what black box is this?

Hello

This is regarding a 2005 2.5i Legacy. About a week ago, we are getting noises under the steering wheel when the car is under acceleration. Noise only appears under acceleration. Sounds almost electrical, like sparking noises. I take apart the under-dash and notice the black box pictured below.

Our vehicle was installed with a remote starter about 2 years ago. I can see the starter installation wires going in and out of the wires attached to this black box. There are no problems with the remote starter. There are no problems with the car overall, except for the occasional noises from this box. The remote starter was professionally installed by Car Toys.

Would anyone know what this box is and if is known to have problems? I would like to think the remote starter is the cause of this problem, but its been working so well for the past 2 years... Any thoughts?

Thanks.

subaru.thumb.jpg.f1c447c4cfcddb46aea1f1ac87cee40b.jpg

That is your BIU, Body Integrated Unit. I have seen remote starters installed and wired wrong over time create issues with the BIU.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived