LegacyGT.com

How Would You Rate Your Subaru Service Center's Waiting Area?

How would rank your most recent Subaru waiting area?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How would rank your most recent Subaru waiting area?

• 5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1 star

+1 ... it is contigent on the region (how competitive the market is) and whether or not it is a 100% dedicated Subaru dealership.

In snow / mountain country Subaru sales are huge in comparison to other areas of the country such as Texas where there is not so much of a need for AWD. I hear that in places like Colorado and New England the number of Subaru's on the road is much higher vs other parts of the U.S.

Manchester Subaru, NH.

3. Three big comfy leather recliner sofas are its high point. 36" tube TV, some magazines. It's in the large service area with some showroom cars, a bit chilly. No wifi, and cell phone signal depends on where you sit.

+1 ... it is contigent on the region (how competitive the market is) and whether or not it is a 100% dedicated Subaru dealership.

In snow / mountain country Subaru sales are huge in comparison to other areas of the country such as Texas where there is not so much of a need for AWD. I hear that in places like Colorado and New England the number of Subaru's on the road is much higher vs other parts of the U.S.

That's very true. Where we live, north of Ottawa in Canada, it's snow country and dealer's call it Subie Heaven! It seems every second hovel has one.

subieheaven.jpg.39b4e7a48151812a99542f9c8ac8e4da.jpg

That's very true. Where we live, north of Ottawa in Canada, it's snow country and dealer's call it Subie Heaven! It seems every second hovel has one.

Wow! Is that actually your house? lol :eek:

My Subaru dealer -- North Coast in Glen Cove, NY -- is a real mom-and-pop operation and I mean that in a positive way. The waiting room and service desk are nothing special, but I don't spend much time in either. For minor service, I bring the car in at 8, walk down to the local coffee shop for breakfast and pick it up at 9. For major service, they have a loaner ready to go (and they've promised to continue that policy after the warranties are up on either car). They greet me with a smile and the owner knows my name. It's 90 bucks an hour, but everything costs more here on LI. (Plus, when you've paid Porsche $250 for an oil change, all else looks like a bargain.) I'll never be doing my own service and haven't had the time (or need) to find a good indie shop, so I'm hooked. I've done the European thing with the capuccino machine, flat screen TVs, etc. at $120 an hour or more and I'm not impressed.

Archived