LegacyGT.com

Can I run Stg2 with catted UP and catless DP?

SilverSeraphim

So I've been thinking, in the interest of saving money, I think I'm going to go with this plan. Gut my first DP cat. Leave the final DP cat. I'll replace the uppipe with an after market one, either the Grimmspeed or Invidia (I'm still not sure whether a flexpipe would be better or not).

Thoughts about this setup? I think it will be a very reasonable cost, and should be quite effective. I realize that the stock downpipe is going to be slightly more restrictive than an aftermarket one, but I should still be able to run at stage 2 I believe.

Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge on flex vs non-flex Up Pipes?

Sounds like a good plan. It would still be less expensive for you to find a used STi or WRX UP though. I got one for like $70 shipped a while back. Check NASIOC and here. If you're patient you should find one for half of what you're looking to spend on an after market.

I was planning on gutting the first stock cat in the DP as well. ;)

Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Cheers!

Good call. Did some looking on NASIOC and there are a lot of questionable uppipes, eg no heat shield, very rusted, gutted oem. Not saying there is anything WRONG with those, but I'd feel alot better knowing something clean is in front of my turbo. :p There are one or two that might be reasonable though. We'll see once I get some PM's back.

^ bottom line...just get something that meets your budget. They are just pipes....remember not that much to them. One thing to note about heat shields, they can become loose and rattle. I sent my Invidia off to Crucial Racing for thermal heat coating inside and out to cut down on the radiant heat.

IMG_7424.thumb.jpg.c0abe60422f7b1d04ada351c7eebfa07.jpg

That diagram and this thread make me want to donate to the site

I'm actually having problems finding the donation link, could someone find it for me? :lol:

(you guys just clarified a bunch of questions that I've had in the back of my head, the diagram was extremely helpful)

lol me too.

anyone have any input regarding invidia dp v. cobb dp???

like han'sgt said...they are just pipes. and wtf do i know.

:lol:

i'm definitely getting an invidia up, and possibly a spt cbe later in the future...

Guest LGT-NY

I say go for it. ;)

It might be entertaining to see how long it takes to blow your cat' through the turbo. :lol:

Archived