LegacyGT.com

Cleansweep on an 06 Outback. Should I ?

Oxford

I am a bit of an audio lover and have always upgraded (quite seriously) my cars.

I hit a bit of a wall with the Legacy Outback (06 UK/Euro model). I purchased from Japan, the facia adapter to fit a replacement head unit. However, when fitting I had an extra plug with no place to plug it in. It seems that this is that Sat Nav (factory fitted) interface to the stock stereo. After tons of searching, I have hit a brick wall as no-one and I mean no-one I have found can interface the existing Subaru Sat Nav with an aftermarket HU.

I then came to the conclusion that I would add another Double Din unit with Sat Nav to the car. Essentially giving me two Sat Navs (I am a bit concererned as will the other screen functions (trip computers and alike) work if I remove the existing stereo? Anyone know?

I have since read on this forum of the Cleansweep unit. Obviously this would allow me to use the stock radio, add an MP3 fascility (that I really want).

However, the speakers I am using will be around $500 CDTs, a Sub running from very expensive Genesis Amps. With the cleansweep I will also need to add another amp for the rear speakers (kids in car and need them) as I doubt that the system will work too well with the rear speakers fed as they are from the factory head unit amp a the EQ function on the Cleansweep would not be working on the rears.

Basically, the real question is; is the stock stereo up to much in comparison to an aftermarket Head Unit.

Apologies for the length of the post.

Archived