LegacyGT.com

trying to help a friend with 08 obxt

jojotherider

Hi,

I'm trying to help out a friend that has an 08 obxt auto. We were talking about getting more powah for his car. I searched around and couldn't find a "where do I start?" thread so I thought I'd just ask.

He needs to keep it on a budget so I suggested downpipe and some sort of stage II tune. I think a dp ought to be easy to find, is Cobb AP the only option for an off the shelf stage II tune?

I've done the DP install on my old WRX so I think that's fairly easy. I'm just lost in the tuning world. That's where all the real power is so I figure the DP and the tune would get him what he wanted.

thanks in advance!

-joel

I'd go Stage 2...new DP, new UP (if the 2008 still has the cat in it...not up to speed on the 08), and tune to match. Maybe a new TMIC if you have problems with the stock one. You could go CBE for a few more HP but it's how much $ you're willing to spend.

Sooner or later our little turbo just runs out of gas...or should I say air.

I'd go Stage 2...new DP, new UP (if the 2008 still has the cat in it...not up to speed on the 08), and tune to match. Maybe a new TMIC if you have problems with the stock one. You could go CBE for a few more HP but it's how much $ you're willing to spend.

Sooner or later our little turbo just runs out of gas...or should I say air.

2008 up-pipes are catless.

Archived