LegacyGT.com

Clutch?

not ur avg girl

Clutch on my WRX went out at 12,000 miles. Dealer would not cover it as it was a "wear item" and was not covered. I had an independent shop do it for about $800.

The replacement was still working fine at 55,000 miles when I sold the car.

When it started to go out the warning signs were similar, i.e., revved at between 3-4 but acceleration did not respond accordingly. This condition though was not consistent as it would sometimes work normally.

Find a good independent shop and don't give more monet to your Subaru Stealer!

Clutch on my WRX went out at 12,000 miles. Dealer would not cover it as it was a "wear item" and was not covered. I had an independent shop do it for about $800.

The replacement was still working fine at 55,000 miles when I sold the car.

When it started to go out the warning signs were similar, i.e., revved at between 3-4 but acceleration did not respond accordingly. This condition though was not consistent as it would sometimes work normally.

Find a good independent shop and don't give more monet to your Subaru Stealer!

Oh well, you should have fought it and it would have been free.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

So I called a dealer back home in Mass as well as Subaru customer service who both told me the repair and parts should be covered. So I called Van Bortel back and told them this and they made some phone calls and were able to cover it! It's there now.... we'll see if there are any additional "hidden" costs.

Just to clarify for you.....The 06 WRX flywheel does fit an 05 LGT if you use an 06 WRX clutch. With the SPEC clutches, they are designed to be used with the dual mass that is stock on the LGT.

The point I was trying to emphasize is that there is no inter-change-ability. If you buy the SPEC L-GT clutch, the WRX flywheel will not work.

Archived