LegacyGT.com

Front Speaker Question

schwartzki

Which Component Speakers do you think I should get? Trying to stay under 150  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Component Speakers do you think I should get? Trying to stay under 150

• Alpine SPS-600C (Type S)
    • Blaupunkt GTc652
    • Infinity Reference 6020cs
    • Polk Audio db6501 (over 150)
    • Boston Acoustics SX60 (way over 150)

All done! Did the heated seat, got the pics I need to get write up the DIY here, put in the yellow fogs and then did the speakers this week, no pics as it was in an unheated garage.

The speaker install went ok, the woofers fit with the adapter plate that polk sent you and the depth was ok for the doors with the adapter ring, mounting the tweeters in the stock location was a pita, mainly because polk has the cover of the tweeter permanently on there. So I had to cut the mounts for the factory tweeter down to fit. First door took me 4 hours to get all done cause of the tweeter dilemma, second door took an hour and a half. Heated seat DIY write up to follow, when I have spare time.

All done! Did the heated seat, got the pics I need to get write up the DIY here, put in the yellow fogs and then did the speakers this week, no pics as it was in an unheated garage.

The speaker install went ok, the woofers fit with the adapter plate that polk sent you and the depth was ok for the doors with the adapter ring, mounting the tweeters in the stock location was a pita, mainly because polk has the cover of the tweeter permanently on there. So I had to cut the mounts for the factory tweeter down to fit. First door took me 4 hours to get all done cause of the tweeter dilemma, second door took an hour and a half. Heated seat DIY write up to follow, when I have spare time.

Nice. How do they sound? I've heard polk is a pretty high quality company but I've never heard any of their products. I would love to get my hands on one of those harmon/kardon audio setups in the new fully loaded legacys. I can only imagine...... 385-watt Harman/Kardon® http://www.subaru.com/sub/media/glossary/icon_2.jpg 9-speaker audio system.

Archived