LegacyGT.com

Remote Start/Alarm

chrisinky

So who's done their own in their 05+?

Here is what I'm wanting/plan to end up with:

2-way 1 Mile Remote

Window Modules

5spd safe remote start (net safety switch + the built-in manual safe mode)

Auto-rear defroster/mirror kick on

door locks + trunk pop....

I want to use one of the bypasskit.com modules.

For those not familiar, they make some pretty bad-ass bypasses and were bought out by DEI in the last year. I've used them sucessfully in nissan and infiniti applications in the past.

They make several modules for our cars.

I'm thinking of using the DLPK module:

http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=DLPK

It uses CAN bus to give you trunk pop, door locks, tach, possibly rear defroster, AND has a built in RFID chip that you can have the dealer program as your "key" for the remote start bypass. The best part, IMO is that you can use their "D2d" connection to one small connector from any DEI remote start/alarm to this box and bypass about 20 wire hookups you'd normally have to run...

The module is new, and they don't list what all is supported on the legacy... So as a fall back I may use SUB-DLPK:

http://www.bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=SUBDL-PK

It does just doors, trunk and bypass...

Anyone with any tips tricks I'd appreciate it - looking mostly for stuff like can we direct wire the rear-defog etc.

I was an installer in a past life and worked at Clarion for many years and I'm currently in IT - so I have the know how (all my cars since 95+ have had remote starts).

I'll be doing a detailed walk-through once I'm complete, I'm still piecing things together at the moment.

(here is the writeup I did on my last car)

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71784

I'll also offer up my bitwriter (handheld programming tool) for those with DEI alarms to send a paypal deposit, I mail it to you, and when I get it back you get most of your deposit back minus a small fee for using it.

I've been on forums for years and come from a Nissan (SR20/DET) background, this is my first Subaru and so far i'm sold on it.

Thanks,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

Have you gotten anywhere with this? I have a remote start going into my 07 LGT and the installer is telling me I need to 'lose a key' for the key in the box bypass? He originally didn't think this would have to happen, but it looks like with either solution above it won't have to happen, right?

Thanks, and any insight/thoughts would help,

Thanks,

Doug

So I talked to my installer guy who was initially certain that the DLPK would work now is saying it won't work without a key in the box and he doesn't have the programmer from Subaru so I guess I'm stuck with having a key in the box - anything wrong with that?

What should a dealer charge to program the SUB-DLPK?

Haven't gotten anywhere yet. In further reading I don't believe the DLPK will control the defroster which is disapointing (though since its upgradable it might in the future). There is confusing info on the DLPK it talks about needing a RFID Pill to be programmed but I dont really know if it comes with it. It may be safer to get the SUBDL-PK or PKU-SUB (both bypasses, one does door locks + oem alarm interface other is just a bypass).

I'm sure no installer has the Subaru dealer tool, so I fully expect you'll have to take the module to the dealer for programming.

I'm hanging on a bit on this as we have our eye on a 05 LGT Wagon, if we pick it up I'll need two, and want to make sure to get a unit where I can interchangable use the remotes on either car....

I'll post more as I get there.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Ordered everything....

The DLPK doesn't need a key in the box but a RFID Pellet as they call it (probably cheapest to buy a used key, or knock of key on ebay and pull the pellet out... OR.......

I bought the DLPK, and then the iData ADS-RNG-SUB, a ring for the transponder + a subaru compatible pill. You just take the pill to the dealer to be programmed. I dont expect the DLPK to the Idata ring to be plug in play, but will just be two wire solder I'm sure.

We'll see what happens......

Pics/Write up to come!

Update: Most parts in - hang up item #1... Went to dealer to get RFID chip for bypass programmed and they said I need a security code??? I have the window sticker + all original docs for my car but not the code, the only guy that can get it is out, so have to wait...

C

there should be a set of metal tags thats on one of your keyrings that came with the car or in the owners manual thing. It will have a security code and id number stamped on them. thats what they need to do the reprogramming of the BIU. They can call subaru technical support to get this information but sounds like they are being lazy

there should be a set of metal tags thats on one of your keyrings that came with the car or in the owners manual thing. It will have a security code and id number stamped on them. thats what they need to do the reprogramming of the BIU. They can call subaru technical support to get this information but sounds like they are being lazy

what's what those were :eek: whoops :redface:

Archived