LegacyGT.com

Jerky Drivetrain

I'm a automotive technician, and knew before I bought the car that Subarus tend to be one of the harder cars to drive smoothly. It didn't bother me much at first, but now I find it to be really annoying after a month, especially with the electronic throttle. I'm talking about when the accelerator can't decide to be off or on in any gear.

Do you guys just pretend that it's not there? Does Subaru have any updated software to improve the initial throttle response? Do stiffer drivetrain mounts lessen the effect? :confused:

You'll get used to it and eventually adjust your driving style to minimize the jerkiness. As for the throttle not zeroing after you let go of the gas at low speeds, I've just learned to push in the clutch when I need to coast for those extra few second.

I had the same concern when I first had purchased my leggy. I said to myself since 05 when I drove a sti for the first time that I would never own a vehicle with fly by wire.... I just loved the car too much and decided to just get over it. As far as the jerkiness you're experiencing, I'd chaulk it up probably to the fly by wire and the iac pooing up the smoothness if you're close to closed throttle.....

Archived