LegacyGT.com

01 Outback Valve adjustment

My 01 Outback has an annoying valve clatter when the engine is cold. It becomes more tolerable as it warms up but I'd like to fix it. I read in the owners manual that there is a valve adjustment at around 70,000 miles so I assume they're solid lifters. How difficult is this adjuctment and do the Clymer type repair manuals cover it? Rich jcmsp062@aol.com

My 01 Outback has an annoying valve clatter when the engine is cold. It becomes more tolerable as it warms up but I'd like to fix it. I read in the owners manual that there is a valve adjustment at around 70,000 miles so I assume they're solid lifters. How difficult is this adjuctment and do the Clymer type repair manuals cover it? Rich jcmsp062@aol.com

Actually you inspect them at 105,000 miles, not 70k. Not sure why the owners manual states that.

As for the noise, that is a Subaru thing. They will get noisier with age, but adjusting them may not help.

subarunoise.pdf

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived