LegacyGT.com

Lets play a game....how much longer on my clutch?

fieldy72233

I have 07 Spec with 28K Miles. I put Stage II on about 8K miles ago. I picked up the car with 12K miles on it, I am assuming the previous owner has beat on it, or couldn't drive a stick.

With S# mode on and the Stg2 map WOT in 3 and 4 yields lots of slippage, especially when down shifting into those two gears.

My question is, how much longer do you think I have left on the clutch keeping on running Stg 2 maps? How much longer do you guys think if I go to Stg 1 or OEM?

Just trying to gauge when I will be spending a grand on a clutch?

Dialing back the power is a band aid for a deep gash.

I'd probably buy a clutch really soon. When I went Stg 2 the clutch immediately started slipping at high load. Fast forward to one month later on my way to the shop I could only accelerate a little bit faster than a semi and even then there was a lot of slip. The clutch was toast.

Start checking out vendor deals...5 Star Performance (aka King of Parts) has good deals. I got my new clutch and LWFW from JSCSpeed...also a very good deal.

Order a new clutch sooner rather than later.

I'm Stage 3 and was getting just a bit of slippage. Ordered a new clutch from KOP and am waiting before the install right now. Likely have it done in March or so assuming things continue to hold up well.

Figured I'd spend some time teaching wifey to drive before swapping in the new clutch.

Good luck.

If your right foot is on the gas with the clutch fully engaged (meaning your left foot is off the clutch pedal completely) and the revs climb very high but the car isn't accelerating, that's the feeling of the clutch slipping...which is a bad kind of slip.

Drivers of mt cars have to slip the clutch everyday to get started from a stop...its a good kind of slip.

I would get a new clutch before dialing back the power. My car is stage 3.5 now with 66k miles and still has the stock clutch with no slippage. It was stage 2 from 10k miles so its not really the power that is the problem. The previous driver probably just couldn't drive.

If your right foot is on the gas with the clutch fully engaged (meaning your left foot is off the clutch pedal completely) and the revs climb very high but the car isn't accelerating, that's the feeling of the clutch slipping...which is a bad kind of slip.

Drivers of mt cars have to slip the clutch everyday to get started from a stop...its a good kind of slip.

ahh.. thanks.

Archived