LegacyGT.com

Installed the STi lateral link set

Rommel

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Btw, did anyone notice that the bearings in the front links of the sti set are exactly 4mm shorter than stock? At least they are in my set....

I installed them a while back. I vaguely remember there was some more play, but I tightened things up and it was alright.

Today I installed aluminum ("spec B") trailing arms and attempted to install my sti lateral links back, somehow the gap was more noticeable and... I was afraid to tighten up the bolt as I was afraid the ears on the alu arm might bend too much and crack.

I checked official sti parts number and there is single part # for the lateral links for all cars, GT, non-GT, etc.

Interstingly, cars with cast iron arms (in USDM all except SpecB, in JDM only 2.0 N/A) have different part numbers for the front lateral links vs. cars with alu arms. It's consitent in both JDM and USDM....

:confused:

There are probably very few people in the U.S. who have these arms.... sportwagon is the only one I know. Rommel had them but his car is history.

SpecB has cast aluminium bits and GT has cast iron bits - trailing arm and upper lateral link. The rest (front and lower) are steel links. People confuse them all the time.

The STI links replace the steel parts with exactly same steel parts just with spherical bushings.

Archived