LegacyGT.com

Traded the Spec B

J.R.

So I traded the Spec B yesterday. Sad day, but I'll be much better off financially. After much debate, my girlfriend and I decided that I did actually need a car, so I stayed in the Subaru family and picked up a 2003 Legacy wagon.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow/this weekend.

The purchase of the Legacy STi wagon has also already been approved by the other half we I get a new car

:( I guess getting rid of the 650 was out of the question?

Nope, it's also for sale. I save enough between the car and sale of 650 that I can pay off two credit cards.

I replaced the 650 with a Concours 14 back in Aug, before the economy really went to shit. Most of my commuting is done on motorcycle anyway. I only put 3500 miles on the B this year before the trade.

Did you trade it in at Stolhman?

I did trade it at Stohlman. Tom has treated me very well, and I can tell you that they made very little on the 03 Legacy, and will not make much on the Spec B.

I did trade it at Stohlman. Tom has treated me very well, and I can tell you that they made very little on the 03 Legacy, and will not make much on the Spec B.

hmm would you mind me asking what you got for it at Stolhman?

Believe me, I thought about it when I saw this. I just think that would be too much bike for me to start on. Ideally, I wanted to try riding a real bike first (since the largest I've ridden was an 80cc, I believe) to see if its for me, then I was thinking of taking that class at NoVa in Sterling and get my license, then eventually get a bike.

Believe me, I thought about it when I saw this. I just think that would be too much bike for me to start on. Ideally, I wanted to try riding a real bike first (since the largest I've ridden was an 80cc, I believe) to see if its for me, then I was thinking of taking that class at NoVa in Sterling and get my license, then eventually get a bike.

It's all about how you approach it. The 650 was the first bike that was actually mine, and the first that I put a lot of miles on. It's more like a standard than a SS bike. It'll go 120, just takes a while to get up there. As long as you can keep your right wrist in check, you would have no problems starting out on a 650.

Archived