LegacyGT.com

Current Deals On GT Wagons in So. CA

rB5

Just checking to see what new owners are paying right now in the Southern CA area. Yes, I did a search and found some older posts (from Oct. - Dec. 2004) but wanted to check on the current climate for dealing on a GT wagon in my area.

I have a few 1st-contact quotes from local dealers with the lowest being $400 below invoice on a GT Limited manual wagon. I've noticed from the inventory lists that standard non-Ltd. GT wagons are actually harder to find, which I'm thinking will mean less bargaining power on those.

Thanks!

-B

What price is Irvine Subaru quoting you? They will beat any offer (typically $600 or so below invoice) and give free oil changes for the duration of your ownership.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

That $400 below is Irvine's. Santa Monica is VERY close to that quote also. I still need to talk to them as well as South Coast & Renick but I wanted to see what kinds of “real” prices people are getting from them.

-B

Give Norm Reeves Subaru a call in Temecula, CA. that's were i bought my LGT sedan for $100 over invoice (but that was back in early Sept. '04 when they were newly delivered to lots).

I saw at least 2 Leg wagons on the lot during last weekend's Subie meet at the dealership. They also had a VERY SWEET looking white OB 2.5XT on the showroom floor. Very hot!

Just checking to see what new owners are paying right now in the Southern CA area. Yes, I did a search and found some older posts (from Oct. - Dec. 2004) but wanted to check on the current climate for dealing on a GT wagon in my area.

I have a few 1st-contact quotes from local dealers with the lowest being $400 below invoice on a GT Limited manual wagon. I've noticed from the inventory lists that standard non-Ltd. GT wagons are actually harder to find, which I'm thinking will mean less bargaining power on those.

Thanks!

-B

If you're serious, check out www.mycar.com and spend $20 on an auction. The price is right, and it turned up a $500 under invoice deal for a LTD sedan for me. Due to a misunderstanding, I got $500 under invoice for a LTD wagon instead :-)

Irvine was offering $600 under, but I'm in Norcal - $100 difference wasn't worth it. At the very least, it gets several dealers involved in bidding - always a good thing - AND it gives you the name of their internet/fleet sales manager - the person who can approve a low-margin sale.

Check out www.fightingchance.com (I think that's it) too. The WORST way to deal is to walk into the lot and ask a salesman..

HV

I got this quote from Jeremy at Irvine Subaru on Jan.7 for a non-limited GT wagon, it's $900+ under invoice.

Here is my price

to you on the 05 GT Wagon in Garnet Red.

MSRP $28,770.00

Dealer Invoice $26,492.00

Sale Price $25,587.00 plus tax $1,986.48 License $271.75, Out the door

price $27,845.23.

Lifetime Oil Changes!

I ended up buying from Russel Csonka(internet sales manager) at Norm Reeves Subaru of Temecula. They matched the Irvine Subaru price. Just be sure to talk to fleet/internet sales people right off the bat.

Thanks everyone.I just wanted to do a reality check on what people are actually paying. I'm definitely going to check it out further with several different dealers.

BTW, my '00 2.5RS and '93 Legacy Touring Wagon (turbo) will be for sale soon if everything works out... :)

-B

You mentioned that you got a quote from Santa Monica Subaru, the internet fleet manager of SMS is a member of this boards and goes to the SFV meets. Give him a call and tell him what you want. By the way his name is Reza, his screen name is rezalaleh.

By the way let me know about your 2.5 RS. :)

Yes, I received a quote from Reza and have heard pretty good comments about S.M. Subaru & him in particular. I'll definitely talk to him; his quote was right in there with Irvine's. As soon as I decide for sure what I'm going to do I'll post info. on my Subarus for sale (it's going to be a hard thing for me to do - I wish I could keep all my Subies!).

HV: Thanks for the links. The http://www.fightingchance.com site is interesting but I think Legacy pricing is quite accessible right now, esp. with this board helping out! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived